La Vie MedSpa
Body Contouring Treatments Questions and Answers
At La Vie MedSpa, We offer a wide variety of treatments such as sculpsure, smart lipo, body-jet water assisted liposuction, skin tightening and many more! Call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 2967 South Union Street, Opelousas, LA 70570.
While regular exercise and healthy eating can work wonders when trying to lose weight, they are often not enough to get rid of stubborn areas of hard-to-remove fat. The areas where fat can annoyingly hang on include the hips, midsection and underarms, which do not always respond to diet and exercise. Fortunately, there are cosmetic treatments available to remove stubborn pockets of fat, such as body contouring. Body contouring has massively surged in popularity recently due to its incredible ability to treat these areas.
What is body contouring?
Also known as nonsurgical fat reduction, nonsurgical body contouring refers to a number of different procedures that reduce or remove stubborn pockets of fat to contour and shape different areas of the body. These body contouring procedures are not intended to be weight loss solutions; instead, they are designed to help people target hard-to-remove areas of accumulated fat after they are within a few pounds of their ideal body weight.
What treatments does La Vie MedSpa provide for body contouring?
La Vie MedSpa offers several different body contouring treatments, including:
- SculpSure — The first FDA-approved light-based body contouring treatment, SculpSure helps reduce stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.
- SmartLipo — Similar to liposuction, SmartLipo uses lasers to achieve its results. It is much more safe and effective compared to liposuction and comes with far fewer risks and side effects.
- Skin Tightening — Skin tightening is a procedure that is used to tighten loose or sagging skin. It is particularly useful to remove sagging skin that appears after losing a significant amount of weight.
- Body-Jet Water Assisted Liposuction — Using a gentle, pulsating spray of fluid to remove fat, Body-Jet Water-Assisted Liposuction is much different from traditional lipo and provides more benefits and comes with fewer risks or side effects.
What is the recovery time for body contouring?
The recovery time for body contouring depends on several factors, including:
- The type of procedure performed
- The patient’s metabolism
- The area(s) being treated
- The age of the patient
- The severity of the condition being treated
In general, nonsurgical body contouring treatments come with quick recovery times, and most patients can return to their regular activities within a few hours. For surgical treatments that require incisions, the recovery time can take several weeks or months, depending on how much work is done and the size of the incisions.
What to expect during and after the procedure?
For laser-based treatments like SculpSure, it is normal to feel a cooling sensation as the laser works to heat up the fat cells. As the fat cells are heated, they are broken down and leave the body as waste. The procedure permanently removes fat cells; however, an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise could cause the fat cells to re-accumulate, so it is important to sustain a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain the results. Nonsurgical body contouring procedures are quick and painless and do not require downtime or lengthy recovery periods. In fact, after the procedure, patients can go about their day as they normally would. In some cases, it may be suggested to avoid strenuous exercise and excessive sun exposure. The treatment will continue to work for several weeks following the procedure as fat cells are broken down and leave the body as waste.
At La Vie MedSpa, we are dedicated to providing you with all of your body contouring needs. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced providers of a variety of different body contouring treatments and can help you achieve the body of your dreams! Please call us today or request an appointment online for body contouring, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2967 South Union Street, Opelousas, LA 70570. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from Opelousas LA, Eunice LA, Lafayette LA, Crowley LA, New Iberia LA, Jennings LA, and Baker LA.