La Vie MedSpa
Chemical Peels Treatment Questions and Answers
At La Vie MedSpa, we offer a wide variety of chemical peels to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage and even treat acne scars. To schedule a consultation, please call us today. We are conveniently located at 2967 South Union Street, Opelousas, LA 70570.
The first signs of aging are often dreaded by many people, but youthfulness is not lost. There are many different types of aesthetic treatments available to combat wrinkles, fine lines, deep furrows and other common signs of aging. One of the most effective of these treatments is a chemical peel. Chemical peels come in varying strengths and types to address different levels of wrinkles, with some that are designed to target severe wrinkles and deep facial folds. These dermatologist-recommended treatments produce astonishing results and help regenerate the skin to reveal the young, healthy skin underneath.
What is a VI Peel?
A VI Peel is a medium-depth chemical peel that penetrates the top layer of skin and reaches into the layers underneath. VI Peels work by exfoliating the skin and stimulating the production of new skin proteins, such as collagen and elastin. The procedure is commonly used to correct pigmentation issues, to improve skin texture and to treat other signs of aging. VI Peels are made up of the following ingredients:
- trichloroacetic acid (TCA) (10 to 12 percent)
- phenol (10 to 12 percent)
- salicylic acid (10 to 12 percent)
- vitamin C (4 percent)
- tretinoin (0.1 to 0.4 percent)
What are the benefits of VI Peel?
VI Peels provide many benefits, including:
- Treats a wide range of skin concerns, including acne, pigmentations, fine lines, and skin laxity
- Has few risks of adverse effects
- Effectively treats acne scarring
- Little to no downtime
- Quick, safe and effective procedure
- Gentle enough to be used on the face, eyelids, hands, chest and back
- Can be used on all skin types
What to expect during and after VI Peel?
A VI Peel only takes about 30 minutes to perform and does not typically cause any pain or discomfort. It uses a blend of ingredients to break down the top layer of skin and reveal the healthy, new skin cells underneath. The exact procedure may differ slightly, but in general, patients can expect:
- First, the clinician will cleanse the skin of dirt and oil
- Then they will then apply the VI Peel solution in two layers
- Once the first layer is applied, patients may experience some numbness or tingling
- Once the second layer is applied, the skin will turn a pale color as it reacts to the peel
- About 4 to 6 hours later, the peel will be washed off
- About three days after the procedure, the skin will start peeling
What are the benefits of Obagi Blue Peel Radiance?
Obagi Blue Peel Radiance provides a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comfortable and well-tolerated
- Instant, radiant results for most skin types
- Improves a range of skin concerns, including photo-damage and discoloration
- Results in an overall improvement in texture and tone, smoothing out wrinkles and fading dark spots
- May be beneficial for darker skin tones that have pigmentary changes
- Superficial exfoliation, with little to no downtime
- Provides instant radiance—tighter, smoother, brighter skin
What to expect during and after Obagi Blue Peel Radiance?
Obagi Blue Peel Radiance is a 20% salicylic acid superficial peel that is done in a series of 4-6 peels with no downtime. A typical treatment takes about 40 minutes to perform, which helps to quickly and effectively exfoliate the top surface-level of the complexion, leaving the skin smoother and clearer.
At La Vie MedSpa, we are dedicated to providing you with all of your aesthetic needs. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced providers of chemical peels and offer a wide selection of dermatologist-recommended peels that will leave your skin smoother and brighter! Call us today or request an appointment online for a chemical peel treatment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2967 South Union Street, Opelousas, LA 70570. We serve clients from Opelousas LA, Eunice LA, Lafayette LA, Crowley LA, New Iberia LA, Jennings LA, and Baker LA. Opelousas, LA 70570. We look forward to serving you!
- medium depth chemical peel
- composed of TCA, Salicylic Acid, Retin A, Vitamin C
- addresses acne, pigment, fine lines, laxity and acne scarring
- 3-5 days of peeling and skin transformation in 7 days
OBAGI BLUE PEEL RADIANCE
- Non Surgical fat reduction
- Over 90% patient satisfaction
- Comfortable and well-tolerated
- No downtime